Introducing the new Weekly Brunch Round-Up!
There comes a time in every blogger’s life when she must acknowledge that she is not the only expert in her field (and in fact that she actually is no such expert at all). Once a week, I’ll give you a run-down of some of the other things being written across the country about the world of brunch. I’ll feature postings from some of my favorite brunch blogs as well as a handful of other random brunch-related articles that I stumble upon.
- Even the Chinese are coming around to brunch! The English version of People’s Daily Online has word that an American restaurant in Beijing has launched a weekend brunch service. It’s one of only 30 restaurants in the city that serves brunch.
- Santa Barbara’s The Daily Sound announced that the local library will host a Scrabble and Brunch fundraiser to raise money for the library system’s adult and family literacy programs. If only I lived in Santa Barbara, I’d be the first one in line. But, alas, I’ll have to stick to Words with Friends on my iPhone…
- Sam Sessa over at the Baltimore Sun blogs about the absence of bottomless screwdrivers on brunch menus. If mimosas = champagne + orange juice and a Bloody Mary = vodka + orange juice, why can’t one get the same deal for vodka + orange juice?
- Planet Green has an article titled “3 Spring Cocktails for Mother’s Day Brunch.” Mother’s Day 2010 may be over, but that doesn’t mean we can’t incorporate these cocktails into our other brunches.
- There’s a new bar in town! And even better is the fact that they serve a Beer Brunch every Sunday from 11am-3pm. Thanks to DC After Five for the heads up.